While going through some old stuff, I found the list of bizarre resume interests/hobbies that I collected during one summer spent sourcing countless resumes. These are real quotes from real resumes submitted by actual people for actual paying jobs.
- Fluent in Tolkien languages
- World of Warcraft Guild Leader
- Avid Fly Fisherman
- Terraforming Mars
- Amateur Hydroponics
- Extra in Bollywood film shoots (this sounds kind of awesome actually)
- Computer Camp attendee
- Have been to 2/3 of China
- Amateur weather forecasting
- Mothers of Twins Club Member
- Developing and using my own stock analysis software
- Social computing
- Chameleon-type social skills
- Live action role playing (New England Interactive Literature)
- Strategy board games
One of the more hilarious outcomes of the Occupy Wall Street Movement: Hipster Cop.
"Detective Rick Lee, Community Relations Detective for Manhattan’s 1st Precinct (or "Hipster Cop" as the world has come to know him) is now a larger then life character because of his unconventional dress and cocky attitude…. In the big picture of the struggle against corporate greed Lee is nothing more then a pawn, but it is important to note law enforcements attempt to coerce and destabilize our movements. "